Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Savior

“Shh, can you hear it?  The sound is so soft and airy.  It’s almost like a whispered breath,” whispered one shepherd to the other as he looked to see if the sheep were safe.

“What are you singing under your breath?” stated the second shepherd to his companion. 


Can you imagine the conversation between the shepherds on this quiet, starry night? They are weary from walking their flock yet they cannot be caught off guard to the enemy that may be lurking.  Yet on this special night over 2000 years ago, the world’s greatest announcement was made by an angel of the Lord. 

“I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.  Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.” Luke 2:10-11

After the announcement, life really got interesting for the shepherds. They packed up their simple belongings and went in search of the Christ child.  They did not question the message.  They just had simple faith.

On this Christmas Eve, I pray that each of us believes with simple faith that Jesus is the Savior.  Sometimes as ministers’ wives we forget that the Savior came for us too.  Oh dear sisters, we are sinners just like everyone else in the world. 

Tonight after you have settled everyone in their warm beds take a moment to step outdoors.  Stare up at the stars and listen.  Shh, can you hear it?  The sound is so soft and airy.  It’s almost like a whispered breath.  God is saying, “I love you, my dear child.  I gave up my heavenly throne for a humble manger bed so that you may have eternal life.  Yes, my child, I love you.  I presented the world the greatest gift known to man, eternal life and salvation.”


Merry Christmas dear sisters!  

No comments: