Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fall Memories


I love Fall. It is my favorite season- the cooling temps after summer's heat and humidity, the return to routine with the start of school, the smell of fall on a cool crisp breeze that sends leaves of various rich colors cascading to the ground. Apples, pumpkins, bonfires, hayrides, sweaters, football .  .  . As I allow myself to think about the season, I can easily get carried away with a variety of memories all encompassing the season.

Memories are what I want to focus on this week in the blog. This fall I am finding myself remembering quite a bit. As I am expecting our second daughter (That's right, we found out baby #2 is a girl!), I am remembering what it was like to be pregnant the first time around. I am a new member of the Facebook community and spending a lot of time reminiscing with old friends from college, and various youth groups. Then with the holidays rapidly approaching I am beginning to focus on old traditions I want to make sure we continue another year. 

In the midst of all this "thinking" I am doing . . . I am reminded that God calls us, as He repeatedly called His people, to remember Him. Remember His faithfulness. Remember the things He has done. Remember Him.

No comments: