Friday, October 24, 2008

Homeless

Next week we will be homeless. It is my fault. I didn't pay close attention to things like I should have. Here is what happened....

Last summer we went to Destin with our youth group. On the way home we stopped at several places to see about renting a house for next summer for our family. We looked and looked and everything was much higher than we wanted to spend. When we got home, I was talking to my sister. One of her best friends parents live on the Gulf of Mexico. They love to vacation up here in the mountains during the fall. She suggested we contact them to see if they wanted to do a house exchange. We thought that would be great since Randy usually takes a "study week" in the fall. He packs up his computer and his books and goes to a hotel somewhere where he can spread out his things and not be disturbed. (I am sure all of you know what I am talking about since none of our husbands are able to get a lot a time to themselves while at church. Kind of like when you are in the hospital and can never get any sleep....)Well, sure enough, they thought that was a great idea. So we made our plans. They were to arrive here the last week in October. But, all these plans were made BEFORE I broke my back.

Life has not been normal for some time now. We have had to improvise in a lot of areas. We have had to let some thing slide that normally would have taken center stage. Anyway, with all the different things going on, I didn't realize that the week they were going to be in our house
was also a very busy week for us here in the area. We have several meetings that we need to attend, luncheons, speaking engagements and to top it all off....FALL FESTIVAL at church Friday night. That in and of itself is a big deal, but this year our only granddaughter, who is 17 months old, is coming in for the night. So both of our daughters, sons-in-law and granddaughter
are coming to stay the weekend...and we don't have a house!!

God is so good though. Thankfully, there is a sweet couple in our church that has a house a little ways out of town and they have offered it to us. Life really is an adventure!!!

1 comment:

Lana said...

Life is an adventure...it sure is for you and Randy. I can't wait to read your posts each month to see what has happened next! But you always have a smile and seem to be having fun no matter where I see you. I guess you just have to laugh at yourself and go on to survive this world and the ministry.