Friday, October 16, 2009

Fall Memory Wrap Up


I hope my posts this week haven't seem too disconnected. Maybe this is just me being transparent and letting you see how my crazy brain works. But, hey, that is the way God created me and I AM a work-in-progress . . . So thank you for bearing with me!

Let me see if I can tie all this together:

Yesterday, I shared a verse out of Psalms that reminds us to tell the next generation of His great works. I encouraged you to remember God's mighty acts of the Old Testament and remember them anew. However, I think we should also remember and retell His works in our own lives and families.

This is part of the reason my grandfather's stories are so precious to me. They show a heritage of faith. As I retell them to my daughters, they show God's provision through five generations. My family stories are just merely a small part of God's much bigger story and plans. I want my girls to know the good, the bad and the sinful pasts that they come from. I want them to see how God redeems and uses ALL for His glory. I want them to know that God is much bigger than just them.

And I think Fall is the perfect time to gather them in, sit by the fireplace, share a mug of hot cocoa and tell them His mighty acts.

Do you have a special way that you pass on God's faithfulness in your family? Do you keep a special journal or scrapbook? Maybe you use family devotions or have a special family tradition dedicated to this purpose? Or maybe you have incorporated it into something else that you already do as a family? Please share your ideas. I would love some new ways to tell the next generation!

No comments: