Wednesday, October 14, 2009

More Fall Memories


Thinking of my grandfather and his stories yesterday really made me grateful for the heritage of faith that God has graciously given me. His father was a preacher and so I know that a lineage of at least 5 generations of my family has been raised in church. I don't take this for granted and know that it is a true gift of God.

For me there is just something cozy about fall. I relish gathering with those I love whether it is around a roaring bonfire or a Thanksgiving dinner table. The Christmas holidays are right around the corner and with them, the new year. Fall has always been a season of taking stock and giving thanks in my life. When I survey the beauty God displays in the fall colors, I am also reminded of His greatness and goodness. It is easy for me to become overwhelmed with all that I have to be thankful for.

During my last posts, I wrote of the things that I felt God was trying to teach me in regards to my lists and calendars and schedules. The thing I think I will take away from that season is to be intentional to live in the moments that I am in, seeing God's blessings and purposes in ALL aspects of my life.

I say all this to explain that I want to be intentional this fall to make memories to continue to pass on the heritage of faith that I have been given. My prayer is that many of my family's generational sins will end with me, and the seeds of our best faith efforts will produce a mighty harvest in the lives my girls.

So Ladies . . . how do you do it? What are some of the things that you do pass on your faith to the next generation? What are some of things that you do in fall that your family will remember or what is it about fall that you remember from your own past that pointed you to Him?

No comments: