Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Confession

I must confess that in the last couple of weeks I have not been in the Word like I need/want to be. I have not been in the Word like God wants/needs me to be. I know it is erroneous. I hate it. I am stuck. I know what to do but I just don't do it. I do everything and anything else that "needs" to be done!

Now, don’t get me wrong…..I am IN the Word!! After all, I teach lots of Godly women each Sunday and most Wednesdays the Word. I have studied and prayed and written and labored and applied. I spoke the Truth at a retreat last weekend which required me to be IN the Word as I prepared and presented the Truth.

Here’s the problem…..I have been in the Word to teach and speak to others…..in the Word for others but not in the Word because I need to spend time with God and get nourished and fed and encouraged and strengthened and convicted and…..etc. This is a trap that I find myself in way too often….a trap the enemy sets for me like bait and I fall for it every time.

Do you ever struggle with not spending time in the Word? Not just to teach. Not just to prepare. Not to give to anyone else…but to sit at the feet of Jesus and let Him love you. Let’s all stop now and as Nike would say, “Just Do It!”

Right now I am going to go do just that…..I KNOW He has water for me. Bread. Life.

Blessings to you sisters! Eat up!

1 comment:

lam324 said...

Dana, please let me assure you that you are not alone. I too struggle with being in the Word (for my own self) from time to time. I am a stay at home mama and recently my hubby who takes our 2 boys to school has started taking our 22 month with him. She enjoys getting out and going for a "wide" and he thought it would be nice for me to have about 45 min. alone each day. My INTENTIONS was to use this time wisely and get 45 min. of quiet, uninterrupted time with God. Well, it hasn't really been that way. That has ended up being my let me try to get a million things done time before my 22 mo. tornado gets home or it has been my let me sit and think of nothing whatsoever time. What a waste, huh? I am going to take your advice and JUST DO IT! Thank you for your honesty and encouragement today!