Monday, November 7, 2011

Life Saver

If you are just logging in to the blog this week, I need to get you up to speed with what is going on in my life.  In four days our youngest son is getting married at Thorncrown Chapel in Eureka Springs, Arkansas.  Yep, that is THIS Friday.  Yep, I have been planning another along distance wedding rehearsal dinner.  (My first privilege was two and half years ago when our oldest son and his wife held their rehearsal and wedding in St. Francisville, Louisiana). 


All I can say is "Whew!"  I am too tired to scream myself so I am letting my pound bag of M & M's do the yelling for me.  I have spent today doing housework, washing and ironing, packing all the needed supplies for the rehearsal decorations.  When I finish posting I still have to pack my clothes and oversee my very patient husband on how to pack the car so that items do not get crushed. 


Now God has blessed me with the spiritual gift of service.  You tell me what you want me to do and I will do it.  I am not in any form or fashion an organized person.  As a result, planning and making sure all the details are in order for our part of the wedding is just a bit STRESSFUL.  All I can say is I owe the creators of Post-It-Notes a huge hug because they are my life savers.


Speaking of life savers . . .aren't you glad we serve the real Life Saver?  Here I am counting the days until my son's wedding and I find myself suddenly wondering if Jesus might be counting the days until His wedding day.  Honestly, I am ashamed that I did not pause longer today to truly spend time preparing myself for my Savior's big day.


Ladies, even if we are overwhelmed and overworked in our daily task, we still need to stop and cling to our Life Saver.  He is the only one who will see us through the stressful moments (weddings) of life.

No comments: