Thursday, December 6, 2012

He was BORN!!

Okay, ladies.......I warned you.......

I teach the pre-school class on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights.  My class consists of mostly two year olds.  As you can imagine, this past Sunday morning I was still flying high because of the birth of Cameron and it is just amazing how God allowed me to use Cameron's birth to introduce the birth of Jesus. 

We began the class sitting at the table, coloring a big "J" with a manger and talking about "J" stands for JESUS.  Next, we made our way over to "circle time" where we have the story.  Sunday, during circle time, I showed them pictures of baby Cameron, and him with his mom, his dad, his Mimi and his Grandaddy.  We talked about how each of them was once a tiny baby just like baby Cameron.  For the first time, I had EVERYONE's attention;  that is hard with two year olds.

THEN....we talked about a long, long time ago baby Jesus was born...just like baby Cameron was born and just like each of them had been born.  They asked so many questions and were so interested.  Then Elan wanted to know who Jesus' mommy and daddy was....which brought us to Mary and Joseph.

All of the children were sooo excited about the lesson and went to the craft table so excited to put hay in the manger and lay baby Jesus on the hay.  They left class talking about baby Jesus was born just like "ME" and just like baby Cameron.

God knew it would be hard for me to focus because I had "Cameron" on the brain, so he opened the doors where I could use Cameron to get the children's attention.

This was a very simple little lesson, but, if we will allow God to guide us, He will always use simple everyday things to help us spread His word.

No comments: