Thursday, September 17, 2015

An Immediate Connection

I was the speaker at the ministry wife retreat….but she is who God used to break down walls with her transparency which led to an incredible weekend of seeing God work and hearing Him speak.

She is much younger and cuter than I am…extremely gifted and loves God.  She and her husband are partners in ministry and….she is who I want to be when I grow up!!

Our time together was short….just that weekend…yet God has knitted our hearts together in a very unique way.  She encourages me and she says I encourage her.  It is a picture of what Romans 1:12 says, “That is, that I may be encouraged together with you while among you, each of us by the other’s faith, both yours and mine.” NASB

One day a ‘sussy’ appeared on my doorstep.  (By the way a 'sussy', for those of you who do not know, is a gift, something sweet and fun and out-of-the-blue).  She read the post I wrote about remodeling our bathroom and sent me this awesome, fun tissue holder!  I had just gotten it when I took this picture...I have since then gotten the square box of Kleenex to put in it!

Wasn't that the nicest thing for her to do?

 When I sit down to write these blogs I worry about the things I write...does it make sense?  Too transparent?  Is it applicable?  Do I sound negative?  Do I always say the same things?  Blah, blah, blah. I doubt and fear and regret each time.  Then...in the same breath (as if thoughts have breath!!) I think...why am I stressing over what I am writing....no one even reads what I write!!  It takes much courage to click "publish" and send these off....I think about what I should have said or wish I hadn't said, etc.
 
Then (I KNOW I am not suppose to start a sentence with 'then') I will hear from her and she shares how what I wrote made her laugh, or ministered to her or encouraged her.  Like I said, I want to be like her when I grow up!
I want to encourage you to read her blog….Chaos 2 Peace.  She is a gifted writer, super talented and shares great, practical tips and insights.  If I am not careful, I compare myself to her and end up lacking!!  See, I struggle with comparing and wanting to be like other people!!!  Anyone and everyone but me!
She has not asked me to plug her blog....in fact, she has no idea that I am writing about her.  Hummm....I suppose she will find out since she says she reads our posts.  (Hi Jennifer!!)

Sometimes God puts people in our lives and there is an immediate connection…and I am grateful He does that!!  Jennifer is one of those people and so are many of you!!  Ask God to connect you to someone today!!

No comments: