Thursday, December 10, 2015

The Greatest Gift



Wow, the Christmas season is upon us again! It seems that 2015 was such a blur!

My sisters, I hope that this time of year does not find you stressed, frazzled, anxious, or just plain worn out by all that seems to accompany this festive season. Many of us have kicked into high gear when it comes to decorating, party planning, and shopping for gifts. Also, I have a confession to make, well two confessions. I have not finished decorating my house….and that’s okay. Also, believe it or not, I have not even bought the first gift…..and that’s okay too!

I love buying gifts for others, and I’ll get around to it before Christmas Day arrives, but this year I am determined to have a different mindset, a different perspective on the Greatest Gift that the world has ever known.

His name is JESUS!

A wonderful way to get past all the frenzy that comes with this holiday time is to reflect on our Savior, and who He is and what He means to you. This time of year we see nativity scenes depicting Christ at His first incarnation as the little Baby sleeping in a manger, with His earthly parents, Mary and Joseph, gazing in awe at their Unique Son. Yet, think about all that happened at His first coming…..

Think about how He humbled Himself, to be found in appearance as a man so He could identify with those whom He came to save.

Think about how He lived a perfect life, free from all sin, so He could be the perfect sacrifice for sinners like you and me.

Think about how He gave up all the glories of heaven so He could provide THE ONLY WAY for us to live with Him in heaven for all eternity.

Think about how He hung on the cross, separated from the Father and having the weight of the sins of the world placed on Him, to secure salvation for all who would believe in Him.

Think about His glorious resurrection, and the fact that He is coming back again, King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

This Christmas, stop and meditate on who our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ truly is. Don’t worry if you haven’t done all that you think you NEED to do this season……just relax and reflect. Let us appreciate the fact that we have a Mighty Savior, and we belong to Him! Now that’s something to celebrate!

I’ll eventually purchase my gifts, but I also plan to reflect on the Greatest Gift that I have ever received…..

HIS NAME IS JESUS!!!

No comments: