Friday, March 17, 2017

Fashion Statement

I was at a Ladie's Conference shortly after I first became a Pastor's Wife and the leading lady made a comment about how pastor's wives had to be careful because they set the fashion stage for what the other women of the church wears.

I'm here to tell you............if that is TRUE.......the ladies in my church are in TROUBLE.  You see...........I wear for comfort....and price.  So....I am pretty sure if you see me wear something and you would like to have one like it........too bad, because I purchased the last one on the "marked WAY down" rack....or Goodwill only had one.

That's just me.

It may stem from growing up poor.......my dad was medically retired when he was 32 years old, so they literally raised us on Social Security.  But, for whatever reason..........I am a bargain HUNTER.  I do like some nice things......but I can promise if you see me with any name brand anything.......I got a SUPER DEAL on it and would love to tell you about it.  Smile.

Over the years, many times my husband would ask me....after the fact....can't you just say thank-you when someone compliments what you are wearing?  Why do you have to tell them how "cheap" you purchased it.  I guess...........BECAUSE....I get excited when I find a bargain.

When my children were growing up...........it was a joke.  Our weekly meals were based on "the Sales Flyers".  If it was on sale.........we ate it.  If not........we waited.

There was 18 years when I was a stay-at-home mom and we lived off one small income.  Being thrifty was a necessity. At this stage in our lives...............we are both still working and do not have children at home,etc.......so we could afford more.............BUT....STILL....I AM A BARGAIN HUNTER.

No shame....just Fact!

I say all of this to say..............if the ladies in my church are relying on me to make a fashion statement.....................WE ARE ALL IN TROUBLE!!!  What you see is what you get.

No comments: