Thursday, March 16, 2017

GOOD Girl - BAD Girl

Okay, Ladies.....it's time to start getting out those "spring" clothes...........you, know........the ones that DO NOT have the bulky sweaters to hide behind.  Whewww......and I MEANT to shed the pounds BEFORE this time.

(Last year, I lost a lot of weight.  Since that time, 13 lbs. have snuck back on and I can't seem to get motivated enough to get rid of them.)  I am only 5'1" so 13 lbs. is a lot..........and I don't want my body to get use to those 13 and add 13 more and 13 more until ALL of the lost weight finds its way back.  :(

I know what I need to do.............but doing it is another thing.  I

t's just like in our spiritual lives...............we know WHAT do it....but DOING it is another story.

Anyway..............back to my "title"......last week I had done so well and was actually proud of myself and eating habits for the week when toward the middle of the week, I began to really want something "sweet".  You know that feeling.

I decided to be the GOOD Girl...............and I made my diabetic cake.  (1 box angel food cake mix + 1 large can of crushed pineapples packed in natural juices...........mixed together, poured into a 9x13 pan and cooked at the temperature the cake mix suggests....until brown.)  We ate the pineapple cake with lite Cool Whip and YUM.  It was light, but sweet and refreshing. 

I felt good about my dessert.  Roger even enjoyed it.

BUT....Saturday was colder and yulky and the BAD Girl wanted CHOCOLATE

I remembered saving a Facebook post from Patti's Restaurant in Grand Rivers, KY and looked it up to see what it required. 

Patti's Kentucky Chocolate Pecan Pie

And, wouldn't you know....I just HAPPENED to have ALL of the ingredients...........so what is a girl to do? 

Give IN to the BAD Girl and make that pie.

That may have been one of the worst decision of my life.

That pie was to DIE for..................it was soooooooo yummy..........so rich...........and sooo sinful.  The LAST thing I needed was to find SOMETHING ELSE I LOVED to EAT.

BUT.....being the BAD Girl that I am..........I decided to share the sinful recipe with you.....because we ALL know........misery loves misery.  Smile.

Seriously....Sisters........when a girl has just gotta have chocolate........this will hit the spot.

Patti's Kentucky Chocolate Pecan Pie

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup melted butter
2 eggs6 oz. pkg. chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
1 tsp. vanilla
9" unbaked pie shell

Instructions:
Mix sugar and flour.  Add butter, blend well.  Stir in eggs, chocolate chips, pecans and vanilla.
Pour mixture into pie shell.  Bake in preheated 325 degree over 1 hour or till golden brown.

Note:  This is a very rich pie.  Great served with ice cream or whipped topping.





No comments: