Tuesday, February 20, 2018

He's With Us

The “empty nest”.

What will that be like? How will I feel?

It’s hard for me to believe that about a year and a half from now I will be (hopefully, prayerfully) sending my youngest child off to college. That’s a scary thought…will I be ready?

Indeed, that will be a new season in my life, in our home, in our marriage. I’ve heard of other parents really struggling with letting the last child go. In a sense, I’m already preparing myself mentally; after all the Lord gives us our children to raise them, but we cannot hold on to them.

I guess the thing that has put the “empty nest syndrome” on my mind a lot lately is that we are in the midst of preparing for several upcoming college visits, and some are very far from home!

I know that she will be okay wherever the Lord, in His perfect will, leads her. Yes, we are praying for her to be in the Lord’s will, even if it means sending her all the way across the country! I know, with confidence, that He will be with her. He is always with her; He is always with us.

The longer I walk with the Lord, the more I know and trust that His will is best, and I know that I can trust Him with every season of my life, even with the “empty nest”.

I’ve seen Him comfort and encourage me in all that I have been through. There have been some really wonderful life experiences, and some trials that have left me terribly brokenhearted. Yet, He has always been there, even when I was not aware of His presence.

I actually plan to enjoy these college trips as we navigate the selection process, because my faith tells me that HE will lead us to the right one……. His will be done!

So, trust the Lord with your seasons of life, for HE IS WITH US!

No comments: