Monday, March 19, 2018

Broken

I've blogged twice about "the struggles" my husband and I are facing.....the unspoken struggles.

In November.....we were dealt with blow #1.....something we, personally has NEVER dealt with and had never dealt with even with other folks.

In December.....we were dealt with blow #2.....something that was bad enough within itself, but compounded with blow #1.......we were struggling.

Since that time.....then first of March....we were dealt with blow #3.....something that compounded with blow #1 and blow #2........almost BROKE us.

When we first found out about blow #3......we literally did not speak for way over an hour........and when we did, Roger said....."Kathy, I can't do this.  I can't keep going.  God promises he will not put more on you than you can handle, but I must not be as strong as he thought.  I don't even know if I can go to church tomorrow and preach.......I don't even know if I can continue to preach.  I can't do it."

We were broken.....and did not know what to do.  (It does not help that, as of right now, we are still not at liberty to "share what it is".

We went to bed and neither of us slept a wink.

Roger went to his office and was even considering calling our DOM and asking him to supply for him because.............we could not function. 

Well.....every Sunday morning, Roger will text, randomly different pastors that God has laid on his heart and send them a message of encouragement.  On this particular morning......that did not happen.  However.....he received a text from a pastor in Alabama.....one that he randomly texts but one that has never sent him a text first.  The simple text said...."Preach on brother, preach on."

That dear pastor probably has NO IDEA what he did....but I am certain God used him to get the message to Roger that he needed to NOT give up.

We got ready.............I taught my preschool Sunday School class............and Roger preached his heart out.  (None of this was done without emotions involved and tears shed, etc.  At the beginning of the service...Roger shared with the congregation that we were broken and needed their prayers.  We had just received blow #3...........and we are not at liberty to share details at the time, but when we can, we will.

Our church family was WONDERFUL.  They immediately got us both to go up front and they surrounded us.....prayed with us..........cried with us.........and loved us..................without even knowing the reason....except their pastor and wife were hurting.

And, man.....have we felt the PRAYERS, LOVE and SUPPORT all week.  That is what got us threw some very dark days and will continue to guide us.

I am sharing all of this................maybe...........in case there is another pastor and wife out there that is "BROKEN" and feels all alone.  We are HUMAN.............and we hurt just like everyone else.

I love you and I am praying for each and every on of you.

No comments: