Thursday, March 22, 2018

I Met Beth Moore aka Vickie Lee

Okay.........we are busy, busy, busy...........especially this year with our crazy last six months.  However, one year ago, I promised Lana Rose that I would do everything in my power to attend the Minister's Wives Retreat this year........it was at Dolly's DreamMore Resort and it was Lana's last year.

Because I teach school and because we are very involved in the state Bi-Vo group......I do not have enough days to take off to attend the Good Cup or any of the other wonderful sessions offered to wives during the year.

And....because I do not get to attend those, many times I feel isolated because I do not get to mingle with any wives that are not BiVo wives.

I got to go to the Retreat in March..............and it was JUST WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED.  (I was stressed and worn out............because of Blow #1 and Blow #2.......Blow #3 had not been revealed at this time.....)  I really enjoyed the weekend and fellowshipping with other ladies that were all on similar paths.....wives of pastors, moms, Mimi's, etc.  It was VERY refreshing.

AND......I got to met BETH MOORE...aka Vickie Lee.  Smile.  See....way back when Lana asked me to blog for the TN PRIME RIB and to represent the BiVo wives..............I said....so there are four Beth Moores and then there is Kathy.  Well.....I finally met in person one of the Beth Moores.

And....Vickie....I want to tell you it was a pleasure to meet you.  I discovered that you are almost as big of a NUT as me.  Smile.   

At the retreat......I met several new friends who I plan to stay in contact with.  One dear friend lives on Tybee Island.....and several live in West Tennessee, etc.


I REALLY needed that weekend.  Wives....I know we are all busy, but I challenge you to FELLOWSHIP MORE with other Pastor Wives.  The Retreat was one week before we received Blow #3.  God KNEW I would need the fuel from the retreat to help me crawl through the following weekend.

WE NEED GOD............but we also NEED EACH OTHER.





No comments: