Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Can You Imagine?




Just recently I visited one of the most beautiful and exquisite homes that I have ever seen. It is a famous landmark and tourist attraction, and I know many of you have heard of it. With 250 rooms and 8000 acres of breathtaking gardens and immaculate landscaping, it is a site to behold. As I toured the home, I tried to imagine actually living there in all of its grandeur.

As I contemplated, “What a house!”, I also thought about another grand and glorious place, a place not made with human hands, a place of infinite wonder and beauty, the sights of which this world has never seen. I thought about heaven.

Do you ever think about heaven? Do you ever wonder how it will feel to be in the presence of our Father and our Savior forever? Can you imagine?

A few months ago, there was a movie in the theaters called, “I Can Only Imagine”. The movie was based on the highly popular song of the same name written by Bart Millard of the group Mercy Me. The song was written at a point of deep sorrow in Bart’s life, and even though the song was conceived out of grief, its message is one of hope.

As I listened to the lyrics of the song, I am moved to imagine what heaven will be like; unending fellowship with the Lord, away from the presence of all the hurt, pain, and turmoil of this world. No more evil. No more sin. Can you imagine?

All of us have seen beautiful and memorable places and have experienced joyful situations in our lives, but none will be able to compare to the glories of heaven!

So...

When life gets tough, gaze on heaven.

When life hurts, meditate on eternity with Jesus.

Wow, imagine that!!

No comments: