Wednesday, June 27, 2018

More on Waiting

How do you know when God is speaking to you?

For me, there seems to be some common "threads" or similar themes that keep popping up as I read scripture, listen to sermons and expose my mind to other Biblical sources.
Since my posting the other day, I read the following excerpt from Desiring God on Instagram:

"As we seek to accept and rejoice in God's handling of our lives, including his timing, we can ask God to work in us two main things, so that our waiting is not in vain: humility and trust.

1. Humility
Sometimes, when I've found myself getting impatient and upset, I will remind myself that God is the one who put me here. My life is not my own. This is humility. It is coming to realize that we are a breath and God owes us nothing (Psalm 39:5, Luke 17:7-10)

2. Trust
Then comes trust, which means believing at least two things about God: he is powerful, and he is loving."

As I thought about this posting, I realized a few things: 

1. God is still teaching me about waiting. 
2. The Holy Spirit is still convicting me about how I wait. (I wrestle with pride and a lack of faith.)
3. I need to pray for the humility and trust that I need to wait well.

Our God most certainly speaks to us, if we would just listen. This is what He is speaking to my heart right now. What is He speaking to yours?


No comments: