Thursday, August 23, 2018

Encouraging One Another


I have the most beautiful nineteen-month old granddaughter.  She is extremely bright and learns things quickly.  Her personality has really blossomed in the last few months as well.  She is quite the Drama Queen and hilarious with her facial expressions and comedic antics.

Last week I had the opportunity to babysit little Miss Priss for a few days in my home.  Our daily routine consisted mostly of playing.  I did manage to get in my exercise workouts before she awoke each morning except for one morning.  That particular morning Hazel Grace began doing squats with me and was my cheerleader.

Imagine an adorable blue-eyed, cherub-faced girl sporting a tank top and ruffled bottom shorts squatting her cute chubby tush alongside her Vivi.  Each time we finished a set of squats, Hazel Grace would stick her little hands in the air and squeal, “Yay! Go!”  I would then proceed with another set of squats.  My little cheerleader encouraged me to finish my very difficult workout that morning in record time and even work my abs muscles by laughing at her antics.

Don’t we all need a cheerleader to encourage us?  God’s word says we need to carry one another’s burdens and to encourage one another in our spiritual walk.  I certainly cannot do this ministry life thing alone and I daresay you cannot either.

That is why is it is vital for each of us to find a sister in ministry who understands what we are going through.  We need a sister who has walked through the issues we all deal with-criticism, firings, moves, financial issues, etc.  We need someone to tell us that it is okay to cry over the hurt, rejoice over personal victories, and worry about health issues or financial strains.  We need a sister who will not be afraid to speak firm truth to our soul when all we really want to do is quit. We need that sister who will embrace us in a hug. Let’s face it.  We need that sister who knows when we need a good dose of chocolate.

Ecclesiastes 4:9 states, “Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their efforts.  For if either falls, his companion can lift him up; but pity the one who falls without another to lift him up.”

Sisters, we need to encourage and support another in our calling.  Let’s be each other’s cheerleader and shout, “Yay! Go!”




No comments: