Tuesday, January 19, 2010

God Hugged Me

Sometimes life presents challenges for all ministers wives. We have to deal with crisis at church, family issues, workplace stress, and criticism of all forms. I do not know about you but sometimes I just want to go away to a safe, quiet place with no people (oh, there will be a good book and some chocolate).

I have had a few weeks of “issues” that kept growing. Stress was piling up. I could not pray because I did not know what to pray. I really did not have anyone I could talk to because I did not want to burden someone else with my problems. Everyone thinks the minister’s wife should always have a smile on her face, however, sometimes it is just plain hard to even fake it.
Well, God must have realized that I had reached a breaking point. Honestly, girlfriends, I was just so weary and battle worn. The truth is the “issues” were just silly, stupid church stuff but as you know things can pile up on us.

Anyway, God hugged me in a big way. What was special about this hug is that it came in an unexpected way. He let me know everything was okay. I was not a failure. He assured me of His presence and brought comfort and peace. Ladies, if you have ever experienced a hug from God then you understand what I am talking about. It was just awesome.

So girlfriends, if life is happening around you and you are reaching a breaking point, ask God to come down and give you a hug.

By the way, if you have been hugged by the Father, let me hear about your experience. These times shared make us grow stronger. Be blessed!

No comments: