Monday, April 5, 2010

"It"

For the past several days my heart has been heavy and I was not sure why. . .but for some reason I had the sense that things just were not right. Do you know that gut feeling? Has this ever happened to you? Honestly, I did not know what to do with “it”. Ignore “it” and hope “it” will go away? Fret over “it”? Excuse “it” away? Talk about “it”? Pray for “it”?

For me, I did all of the above except the obvious…..pray over “it”!! Yes, I ignored “it”, fretted over “it”, and excused “it” away. Today, after a phone call from my husband, “it” became real. “It” came up during staff meeting and, in fact, there were lots of “its”! I listened to my husband share just the bare minimum of what “it” was. He did not have to tell me details, I do not require details…in fact, most of the time I prefer to not know details…..but I could tell by my husband’s normally cheery voice that something was amiss. I knew that I needed to fall on my face before God and pray for “it”! I have just gotten up from the floor….face down praying for “it”.

As we ended the conversation, I talked to my husband about my heavy heart and realized that I should have been praying over "it" all along instead of ignoring, fretting and excusing "it" away. Oh, forgive me Father!

Ladies, one of the most important ministries we can have is to pray for our husbands and their ministries. I just ordered a book that was recommended to me by a friend that I want to pass on to you. Not only is it a powerful tool to help us pray more Biblically for our husbands, but it is free!! You can download it free or order it for under $5.00. Check it out and let’s change the world for Christ as we pray for our husbands and the “its” they face!

The name of the book is Prayers of an Excellent Wife and there are also books for husbands to pray for wives and how to pray for children.

http://hismagnificence.com/index.php/view/Content-Main/page/books.html

No comments: