Thursday, April 1, 2010

In Our Shoes

This past weekend I spoke to a group of minister's wives in Newport, Tennessee. There was a nice group of ladies from all different churches in attendance.

I so enjoyed listening to them visit, laugh and joke with each other. They had some icebreakers to make it a little easier and even hooked everyone up with a prayer partner.

These ladies, like you, are a very special group. They have been called to an honorable role in life and a difficult one. Yet, I saw the time they spent with each other building them up, giving them safety to share and a feeling of real understanding for what they are experiencing.

The leader of the group shared with me that they had just completed a study together. They used the book, In Our Shoes by Jennifer Landrith and Rachel Lovingood. (I am not where I can check the spelling of their names, hope this is correct) This book was written specifically for minister's wives. It addresses the many issues that come up in our lives and suggestions for dealing with them.

I really recommend this book to you. I believe this group of ladies got more out of it because they did it together. If at all possible, gather some mw's on your staff or find some from the surrounding churches and dive in!

I think you will be stretched, encouraged and find out that you are not alone. There are alot of women out there who are in your shoes - seek them out and minister to one another.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Well said! Thanks again for coming and sharing with us. Your message really touched and helped our ladies.