Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Last Season?

Over the last week, my grandmother, mother-in-law, and my husband's aunt have all been hospitalized for various reasons. My step-dad may also be facing a hospital visit in the near future. We are thanking God that everyone seems to be improving.

In the midst of keeping each other up-to-date, I was telling my mom that I had never experienced so many loved ones in such serious health circumstances all at once. That is when she commented that it is just to be expected as everyone ages. As a result, I have spent some time lately pondering how it is that I would like to age.

I would like to grow in wisdom. I want to be active and involved in the lives of my family. My husband and I have talked about "retiring" to Orlando where we would both work at Disney seeking to reach and disciple those who come from around the globe to work there.

When I dream about the future, I don't ever include hospital stays or the deaths of loved ones. The truth is none of US know what the future holds; we do know WHO holds the future.

All this said, I want Jesus to come. I do want Him to come NOW. I want to live this season as if it is my last. Only He knows if it indeed is. He may call me home before He gets here, but I already know that He is on His way!

What about you? How do you want to age? What do you hope to see/do before He returns?

No comments: