Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dealing with Discouragement

Last Wednesday afternoon I was about to call Sharon and tell her she would have to facilitate the Experiencing God class for me. I could not do it. I was in NO shape to see anyone, talk to anyone much less lead Experiencing God!! I had been in tears all afternoon with no relief in sight.

The only problem was….if I did not show up….I would have to explain to my husband and to my daughter and to anyone else who would ask….why I was not there. To be honest….I think that was what motivated me to get myself together, take a shower, put on my “happy face” and go class….well, that and God really wanted/needed me to be there! He had some encouragement waiting for me!!

I am so thankful that discouragement did not defeat me for that entire day. Unfortunately, it had been lurking its ugly head for a few days prior planting seeds of doubt and frustration and fear in my fragile mind and it needed to be dealt with!! After Bible study Sharon and I stopped outside on the sidewalk to chit-chat….and the tears began to fall again. Knowing I needed a friend, we talked and shared and both cried some more.

Ezra 4:4 says “Then the people of the land discouraged the people of Judah and frightened them from building,…”. You see, God’s people were rebuilding the temple and their enemies had heard about it and wanted to discourage them. Ladies, we have an enemy who wants to be sure we do not build our lives strong in the faith, focused on what God wants, fellowshipping with Him and loving Him with our entire lives and hearts and minds. He wants to discourage us!!

Oh, dear friend….if you are discouraged, take note….be warned…..the “work on the house of God in Jerusalem ceased, and it was stopped until the second year of the reign of Darius king of Persia” (Ezra 4:24). Do NOT allow the enemy to stop the work in your life!! Do NOT let him delay one more second!! Please cry out to God, and if need be, someone He would lead you to for help, prayer and encouragement. After all….the only difference between being DIScouraged and ENcouraged is a few letters! I would LOVE to encourage you….just let me know!!! Take Courage!! Take it!! It's yours for the taking!!

No comments: