Friday, June 7, 2013

VBS Time


Well, ladies, it’s that time again!  That’s right: Vacation Bible School!  Are you ready?
 We all know that this is a special time of outreach and evangelism for many churches.  This year our Bible verse theme is 2 Timothy 1:7, “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”    If you read my blog earlier this week, I also shared this verse when I wrote about facing our fears.   I had mentioned that God has solutions from His Word on how to deal with those menacing feelings of fear and worry.  So from the VBS curriculum adults, and as well as kids, can learn how to face fear and learn to trust God.
I look forward to teaching the little ones about how they can overcome fear in their own lives, and also let them have fun in the process!   This year I am once again working with the first and second graders (that age seems to be a “good fit” for me since I also teach the same age group in Sunday School and Children’s Church).    The subject of fear has come up many times in different lessons I have taught them in the past, and it is interesting to see kids talk through what makes them afraid; the best part is getting to show them that God is bigger than anything that they can face, and He is always with them---and we need to learn that important lesson too!  We do serve a mighty BIG GOD who can calm ALL of our fears!
So for all of us who are gearing up for another year of fun, fast-paced lessons , crafts, music, and snacks, let us remember that we do our work for the Savior, and may the Lord do a mighty work through your church as He uses you this year to minister to the masses in VBS!!

No comments: