Thursday, June 13, 2013

You Don’t Know What You Have until It’s Gone


 

There is a saying that goes something like this:  "You don’t know what you have until it is gone.”  That is so true!  I have been back in Arkansas for almost a year and half and missing my Tennessee sisters is still a very real emotion.  Oh, I can keep up with you ladies through Facebook, but it is not the same.  I cannot come to retreats or give you a hug in person.  In Nashville area alone, I had some pretty wild and crazy ministers’ wives friends who brought a lot of laughter to my soul.

I do not say all this to sound sad or to be emotional.  God is doing a good work here in Arkansas among the ministers’ wives.  We still have a long ways to go but we are working toward a goal of connecting our wives.  Our big accomplishment this year is that we now have a public blog spot called A Common Bond.  You can find our link at www.minwives.com.   Like Tennessee, our contributors are volunteers but we share a common bond of being sisters in the ministry. I hope you will take a moment to read some of the post from our writers and leave a comment. 

Through working with the ministers’ wives here, I have discovered some pretty special ladies.  In my association we have formed a Ministers’ Wives Fellowship and try to meet once a month.  We are small right now but it is great fellowship.  Our recent outing took us to a little place in Keo, Arkansas called Charlotte’s.  Girls, you have to get there early and make sure to order your homemade pie first!  (Yes, I had homemade chocolate pie.)  It was great fun, and I discovered the blonde pastor's wife at my table is a fellow chocoholic.  Ah, the joys of bonding!

I will always miss my Tennessee sisters but God is developing new bonds among my sisters here.  I am personally glad we live in the technology age, because no matter where God plants us in our ministry journey, we can still connect.  We can still ask for prayers, encouragement, advice, and share a funny thought.  

Isn’t that what being a sister in the ministry is all about? 
 
                             Arkansas sisters enjoying some homemade pie from Charlotte's.
                                                               (Note the chocolate pies!)

 

 

 

No comments: