Friday, February 27, 2015

Has Done For You

"... For consider what great things he has done for you." 1 Samuel 12:24b ESV

This is how the verse I've been writing about this week ends and I love it!

In the same verse where we are extolled to "Only fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart." we are told how to do what His word has told us to do.

When I consider all the great things He has done, I am overwhelmed. Creation declares His greatness. The way He holds the world together astounds me. He is a great God who has done many mighty things!

Yet that isn't exactly how this verse ends. The words "for you" are crucial.

He has done great things FOR ME!

Our God is mighty and large and powerful, yet He is also personal and intimate and involved. How incredible is that?!


  • When I consider all He has done for me personally, how can I not serve Him faithfully with my whole heart? 
  • When I consider all He has done for me as individual, why would I fear anything or anyone but Him? 
  • When I consider all He has done for me, what does that do to how I fear Him?
Ladies, when we stop to consider what He has done for us, these other things will just happen. When we focus on His greatness toward us, He will make sure our motivations are in check and He will take away our fears. As we think about all He does for us, He does even more for us. 

Be encouraged! Do not be overwhelmed! Take heart! He never asks us to do anything He doesn't equip us to do! 

Join me in praising our God who does great things for us!

No comments: