Friday, September 2, 2016

Making A Difference

As we serve the Lord, sometimes we may wonder, “Lord, is this really what You want me to do?” OR “Lord, am I really equipped to handle this task?” OR “Lord am I truly making a difference in where I am serving You?”

Making a difference, I wonder sometimes, am I? Do you wonder sometimes, are you?

I have taught a children’s class in Sunday School for years, and sometimes I wonder if I am truly getting through to the kids with the Biblical truths that I am given to teach them. I know that my labor in this effort is not in vain, according to 1 Corinthians 15:58 (which is one of the verses I love to meditate on for encouragement!). But, being honest, at times I have doubts if I am making a difference.

Over the years God has shown me, as I have served in various ministries, clearly that I am doing what He wants me to do. However, very recently, the Lord confirmed in my heart, that, yes, I am making a difference during this season in the life of a young girl.

This precious young lady, very personable, lovable, and enthusiastic, wants to continue coming to my Sunday School class, even though she is older than the age group that I teach; in fact, she is 3 years pass the age! Yet, after a conversation with her grandmother, who is raising her, I was very moved by the reason why she doesn’t want to leave: she enjoys learning in my class. That really touched my heart that the Holy Spirit uses me to stimulate her to learn about the Lord!

There have been times when I have taught her one on one and I see it as a chance to mentor and disciple her when it’s just the two of us in class. Recently, she told me that she does not want to leave the class until she enters high school! Praise God that she is such a joy, and that I get the opportunity to pour God’s truths into her life.

The Lord shows us on this journey that He is using us to be a blessing to others, whether we are counseling a young married woman, discipling other women in a small group, being an accountability partner for someone struggling with a sin issue, or teaching young children at church. The list could go on and on…….

Our amazing God sometimes shows us the fruit of our labors, yet we will not likely know the true extent of our service for Christ until we get to heaven and hear Him say “Well done”.

Until that time, keep giving of yourself to others, in whatever the Lord has called you to do. Remember the faithful promise from our Faithful God, “Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.” Galatians 6:9

Be encouraged, my sisters, you are making a difference!

No comments: