Friday, November 10, 2017

Happy Veterans Day!

Living in Clarksville Tennessee is a unique American experience.

You see, Clarksville shares the state-line with a special part of Kentucky. I've been told that more of Ft. Campbell is actually on the Tennessee side of that line, but since Headquarters is found on the northern part of the base, Kentucky gets to claim the Army's home for the 101st Airborne Division.

In addition to 101st, there are several other divisions and groups stationed out of Ft. Campbell. As a result, I worship, shop, and live in a town saturated with active duty and veteran heroes. In my work, I get to love on Army kids as I work alongside many Army wives.

Throughout the last 11 years we have called Clarksville home, I have lost count of the number of Army families that I have had the privilege of getting to know, to love and to send off to their next duty station.

With this being Veteran's Day weekend, I just want to take a moment to stop and say thank you to the Veterans. I have seen up-close and personal just some of what they (and their families too)  risk and sacrifice for all of our freedoms.

No matter who lives in the White House or what the political climate may be, these heroes have stepped up and stepped into to whatever, wherever duty has called.

My dad is a Vet - My stepdad, father-in-love and grandfather too. I grew up near an Air Force base and was taught to respect the flag, the anthem and the uniform.

By God's grace alone I was born an American and I am beyond thankful for it. Just a few minutes into the evening news and I feel my appreciation grow. To be a Christian here is a blessing, and regardless of how anyone feels about current events, God has blessed this nation through the blood, sweat and tears of the United States Veteran.

No comments: