Friday, November 17, 2017

Listen to God...and Pass It on.

A couple of months ago, there was a situation that happened at my job that had m VERY upset.  I lost a night of sleep and did tons of praying.  I had made up my mind to just not say a word to anyone and just deal with it.

I walked in the school that morning and my principal looked up and said...."Kathy, what's wrong?"  The tears came.  I totally broke down....wound up in  her office and opened up to her.  She listened, but more importantly.....she walked around............took my hand and asked if she could pray for me.  Right then and there she prayed for me.

It was like a HUGE weight was removed.

ANYWAY...............at church and even in homes, I do not think twice about stopping and praying with someone, but doing it at work was not a practice of mine.


A few weeks ago, we were having open enrollment at school...............and a broker that the county had hired was at our school to help us.  My appointment was at 8:00 Thursday morning.

I went in and began telling the girl that I was not sure what I even needed since our benefits had always been through my husband....................but God was going to take care of us.

Long story short..............after I mentioned God she began talking about God.  Suddenly she broke down..................................she was going through a very difficult season in her life and marriage and asked me to please pray for them.  I walked about...................took her in my arms and prayed with her right then and there.  We held each other and both cried. 

 A total stranger.

In the course of talking with her, I found out her name is Kaye and we exchanged phone numbers, addresses and Facebook info.  I even showed her my Redneck Bible Journaling.

She was so appreciative that later that day she sent me flowers.

We have stayed in contact.  Last week, she was at a school in Lynchburg, VA and was Redneck Bible Journaling and sent me a picture.  It was not colored yet because she had forgotten her pencils.....but she promised to finish it and send me another picture as soon as she got home.

Later that day.......she sent another message and shared this story: 

She had noticed a lady across the room who God revealed to her that was hurting....................so at the break, she went over....showed the Lady her Bible Journal and the lady broke down crying......said the verse was just what she needed to read.  Kaye said God told her to pray with the lady, so she did and then she gave the lady her Bible Journal,. 

She then shared with the lady about mine and her encounter........................the lady thanked her and told her she had been a blessing to her so she was going to keep her eyes open and pass the blessing on to someone else also.

Listen to God....................and Pass it on!

No comments: