Monday, November 13, 2017

Season of Thanksgiving....

Our sermon Sunday was on "Complaining" which is the complete opposite of Thanksgiving.

I love this time of year.

We should ALWAYS be thankful, etc...................but I love to stop during this time of year and really reflect on the blessings that God has given us..

Last weekend, I cooked an early Thanksgiving meal for our immediate family....children (by birth and by marriage) and grandkids. 

We go to Alabama to spend Thanksgiving with my mom and Roger's mom and our kids come too........................so I never cook Thanksgiving for them.

This year.............because I have a BRAND NEW KITCHEN.....I decided to cook an early Thanksgiving.  I told them I was baking a ham, Roger was smoking a turkey breast and each of them got to request ONE dish.  :)  Boy, did we have an assortment.  Smile.

We had the traditional....ham, turkey, cornbread dressing, gravy, cranberry sauce, green beans, English peas, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, homemade yeast rolls AND....I had two requests for fried okra.  Fried Okra..............who has fried okra on Thanksgiving?  WE DID....  Smile.  And...........it was delicious!

Yesterday, we had our Thanksgiving meal at church.  Yum.  It was also delicious!

I feel so blessed and am thankful for some many, many things.....

  • I have a Godly husband who is not only my best friend, but my pastor and my mate.  
  • We have four grown children who love the Lord and faithfully serve him.  
  • We have two adorable grandchildren.
  • We have a Church Family who is truly part of our family.  Even after almost 21 years...they still love us and take care of us.
  • Our moms are still living and in great health at the age of 80 and 84.
  • I have a NEW KITCHEN...smile.
Anyway.....I could go on and on listing the things that I am thankful for...the list would never end.  God has blessed us beyond our imagination.

I am thankful for the freedom to worship God and serve him.

Let's all just sit back and reflect on the many things to be thankful for......we are ALL truly blessed.

No comments: