Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bellyaching about Bible Study

It's happening again. It seems as if every time I start a new bible study, satan throws stuff at me to either distract me or cause me to miss it.

I know that Monday I was so excited about the snow (and I still am) but we started the new Beth Moore Bible Study on Esther about 5 weeks ago, and because of the weather we have only met 2 times!! The church policy is that if the schools are out, we only have prayer meeting. None of the other activities take place. I understand it completely, but I really want to go on with this study.

You know how it is when you sense God is working in your heart? You know He is trying to teach you something. There is an excitement in your quiet time and a lift in your heart. That's how I have been about this book. I think Beth Moore is wonderful and I love her studies, but I think what I like the most is that it forces me to really get in God's word for myself. I seem to spend more quality time in His word than I normally do. Because I have homework, and I know that we will be discussing it, I really pour over the scriptures and look for how they apply to my life. Anyway, this week's study was great and I was looking forward to the class discussion tonight, but instead they won't meet until next Wednesday. That is great except I will be out of town next week, so it will be 2 weeks for me.

It just occurred to me that I am whining about my bible study....can you do that? Surely there is something wrong when you complain about spiritual matters...isn't there? I don't often hear people going off about studying God's word!

I guess that goes to show you how badly I needed this tonight!!!!

No comments: