Monday, February 2, 2009

I CONFESS...

I have to confess to you that I was really jealous as I read Dana's blog last week. She was talking about the snow they had received and I kept wishing that we could get some here. Well, God was so kind that He answered my prayers.

As I am writing this blog, I am looking out of our study window and the snow is gently falling. Actually the flakes are huge and it is one of the prettiest snows we have had. ( I think I say that everytime it snows though). Everything looks so clean and it is so peaceful.

I love days like this. I had so much on my calendar that needed to get done, but I have caught myself at the window several times today just watching the weather. I have decided that since this is not the norm, it is okay to be a little lazier than normal and treat myself to a cup of coffee and sit in the chair by the fireplace that faces the window. I know that what I am delaying will have to be taken care of, and I will get to it, but I don't want to rush through this day and not enjoy this gift.

I am usually guilty of that....rushing. I wonder why we feel we have to be going at life at a break neck speed all the time. It must be how we women are wired (say that three times!!) Anyway, for just the next little bit, I am going to choose to stop and try to just enjoy the moment. Thank you Lord for answered prayers!

No comments: