Friday, August 14, 2009

Back to the Real World

School started this week. Even though I do not have children in school (well, I still have one in college), I cannot believe how fast the summer has gone. It just seems like school let out and we were all excited about the pool opening, vacations, eating homemade ice cream (with chocolate) etc. However, it is time to get back into the real world.

Speaking of the real world, I believe that we need to step it up and be on the job for Christ in the real world. For example, if you are teacher you can lifestyle your witness. I fully understand that in many schools you are not able to opening share the gospel. However, you can live your life in such a way that people see Jesus through you. If you happen to be a student, your campus can be your mission field. Personally, I work as a sub in the schools and volunteer in various places. I can certainly be witness for Christ and watch for open door opportunities to share. Yes, the real world needs more people to engage in the ministry of Christ.

Also, after a busy summer of camps, vacations, etc. we need to engage in what is going on at church. I know we are all busy ministers’ wives but we sometimes are not all we should be. (Sisters, I’m speaking to me too!) We need to lift our husbands and the rest of the staff before the throne of God daily. We need to plug into an area of ministry at church not just sit back and let someone else do it. The church is the real world too. It contains hurting people and many people who do not know Jesus.

Of course, many of you spent your summer on mission trips and working in VBS. You shared the love of Christ. However, as the lazy days of summer draws to an end, let’s step up the pace. Put on your work clothes, pack your lunch and bible, and hit the trenches.

No comments: