Monday, August 17, 2009

Seek -Obey - Share

Hello sisters!

It is always a special time to go before our God and ask what His message is for us. I pray that He will speak and teach us as we meet together again.

I enjoyed reading the messages from the other women who share this priviledge. They often seem to be living in my back pocket!

Today I want to share something I learned about Lydia. I spoke at a luncheon on this woman of the Bible. She is only mentioned briefly in Acts 16:11-15, yet I learned from her and am encouraged. I hope the same will be true for you today.

The first thing I want to point out is her "habit". Lydia's habit was to be a seeker of God. She met at the river on a regular basis with other women to pray. Even though she did not know the truth at this point, Lydia was seeking God.

As Lydia was seeking, "the Lord opened her heart". Lydia found what she was looking for. She found the One, True, Living God.

Next we see that Lydia "heeded". Lydia obeyed what she heard. She did not just hear, she obeyed. The message took - it was planted in her heart.

The proof of her obedience was in the fact that she became an immediate witness. The result was her whole family being saved and baptized!

Finally, we see Lydia "begging and persuading". Lydia wanted to serve as soon as she found her Lord. She opened her home to Paul and his friends. She insisted they come and allow her to serve them as God's love filled her to the point of overflowing.

I am asking God to allow you and me to learn from Lydia today.

Let our habit be that of a seeker.

Allow the Lord to work on your heart daily.

Heed what God teaches you by obeying immediately.

Share God's love with those around you.

Serve God with your whole heart.

Be a Lydia today!

No comments: