Wednesday, August 12, 2009

God is Looking for Us

During my quiet time this week I ran across a verse that stuck out to me. I have read this verse before I am sure, however, this week it is apparent that God had a message for me.

Jeremiah 31:2-6 says, “This is the way God put it:” “’They found grace out in the desert, these people who survived the killing. Israel, out looking for a place to rest, met God out looking for them!’” (The Message)

A friend and I have been praying for one another for the past several weeks. We found ourselves walking in a desert like place and have allowed Satan to play with our minds a bit. Again, it all hinges on fear and worry and we have realized this is exactly where our weaknesses are at this moment.

As a result we have been seeking the Lord for rest from this burden. As I read through this passage not once but several times I realized that in the midst of our struggles all we must do is look around carefully and we can see God searching for us.

Maybe you a walking through the desert today weary from the burden you are dragging behind you. Take time to look up and see the Father coming toward you with arms open wide.

Be blessed, dear sisters.

No comments: