Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Walking Together

Each morning I meet with some friends to walk. We walk about an hour and as you can imagine it is very HOT. Even though we start in the early morning, we still end each walk completely soaked with sweat! It is uncomfortable, difficult and takes time from our schedules, yet we continue to meet every morning and press on. Our goals are similar. We want to remain healthy, be strong and some of us want to lose a few pounds.

There are many mornings that the only reason I get up and go is because I know my friends are going to be waiting on me. I often hope that it will be raining when I awake, but it seems to always be clear so I get up and go walk.

In ministry we need those friends that will walk with us even when it is uncomfortable, difficult and takes time. Sisters, you cannot be a 'lone ranger' christian. You need those around you that will hold you up, push you forward, put your feet to the fire and love you through.

As we walk our journey with Christ there are times when it is uncomfortable, difficult and takes time. Each day we need to start with Him, asking direction, strength, courage. We must press on if we are going to reach His goal for us.

Look around you and find those friends you can trust to walk with you. Do not let satan isolate you in ministry. Yes, you need wisdom in your friendships, but nevertheless, friends are essential.

Ask God to bring those friends that will help you press on - Thank Him if He has already provided those sweet sisters in your life.

No comments: