Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New Beginnings

I just finished giving my new grandson, Luke Douglas his bottle. I have been trying to get time to blog, but his needs keep stopping me. I love this kind of interruption, so I am not complaining.

When I feed Luke, I always talk to him. As he takes that bottle I share scripture verses, sing and of course, tell him many times how much I love him. I continually tell him how God made him and loves him even more than I do.

I believe the most important thing I do during his feedings is pray for him. I look at him in wonder and begin at the top of his head and continue to the bottom of his feet in prayer. I ask for protection for his mind and that he will have the mind of Christ. I ask that his eyes will not look at "worthless things", as King David prayed. I ask his hands to serve God and his feet to be directed by God. Luke Douglas is fully prayed over every time I have him in my arms.

As I think about his beginnings and pray for him to avoid the many pitfalls, I am reminded that God gives me a new beginning everyday. My prayers for Luke remind me of how I should pray for myself each morning.

Spring is here. The flowers are beginning to bloom, trees are budding, the grass is growing. Everything looks fresh and new!

I don't know about you, but I want that. I want to be fresh and new each day for my King's service. He will provide that for you and me, we just have to ask.

II Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ,, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold all things have come new."

No comments: