Wednesday, May 26, 2010

How 2 B a Cheerleader?

Recently, Dana posted on the importance of having and being cheerleaders. She was right in highlighting this important aspect of being apart of the body of Christ. Especially with our husbands in ministry, we all know what an important role we play by supporting them in this way. After all, if we don't cheer them on, we can't expect anyone else to do so either.

While I am not privileged enough to hear my husband preach every week, when I do, he seeks my feedback. Over the years I have learned how to balance both the praise and constructive criticism that he is looking for. He desires my honesty, but I know how fragile his ego can be at times too. Sometimes I do better than others at being his cheerleader.

A minister's wife I know says her husband never seeks her opinion, so she rarely shares it even though she wants to support him. Then another minister recently told me that he doesn't seek his wife's input- not because she doesn't care or isn't interested but because he feels like she is too biased and can't be subjective.

So, we walk a a delicate line as ministers' wives. What are some things you do to keep the balance? There are a wide variety of ladies that read this blog. What you share may be just what another dear sister of ours needs to hear.

No comments: