Saturday, May 1, 2010

Does the Lord Have a Sense of Humor?

I know for a fact that God has a sense of humor. Just look around at nature. There are some animals like the giraffe that you just have to wonder what the Lord had in mind when He created this beautiful creature with such a long neck. In addition, how can you not giggle when you spot an elephant with its long trunk? I do not think we will ever know the why behind these creatures until we reach heaven, so until then we must wait.

Waiting is not my gift. I have always been one of those people who want answers now. Waiting in long lines are a miserable experience for me. In my hurried, crazy day I just cannot stand the waiting game.
Oh, but the Lord loves the “waiting game. “

Again, I restate that God has a sense of humor because waiting is where He usually does His teaching in my life. Two verses in Psalms have become my foundation in this “waiting game.” Psalms 27:13-14 says, “I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.”

In my Bible where this passage is, both margins are covered with prayer request. Some God has answered such as a godly wife for my son, Stephen. Others are still unanswered like allowing my youngest son, Bryan, to find a job in baseball and his heaven-made soul mate.

Every time I flip through my Bible my eyes will spot these verses and prayer requests. I can feel the hint of a smile and a slight giggle occurs. I can almost sense the Lord, with his infinite grace and humor, smiling and giggling with me because it is as if He is saying, “See, I told you so.”

No comments: