Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Another Weekend - Another Retreat

This is the time of year that I do a lot of traveling. It is spring retreat time! I love the opportunity to speak and share what God is teaching me. I love meeting new women (sisters) and hearing what God is teaching them.

I believe one of the dangers of being in God's service is apathy. We become accustom to sharing and doing and before long we are fulfilling obligations instead of proclaiming the Greatness of our God.

This past weekend I had the priviledge of sharing with a sweet group of women. As we met for the first time we told a little bit about ourselves and what was going on in our lives. I love this, as it helps me to better relate as I share.

As we spent time together, I was reminded of how special it is that because of Jesus we have intimate connections immediately. I listened to different conversations around me and without fail, I heard the Name of Jesus during those conversations.

Let me encourage you to not grow weary in your service. Rejoice that God has placed you in the middle of a very special family. Be bold! Be an encourager! Share what God is doing in your life with those around you. They need to hear and you need to share.

Go to the upcoming retreat for minister's wives! It will be a blessing and give you strength to keep going!

Acts 4:19 But Peter and John answered and said to the, "Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to you more than to God, you judge. For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard."

No comments: