Monday, April 4, 2011

Need YOUR Input!

Happy Rainy Monday Ladies!

I wanted to post earlier today, but was told never to sit in front of a computer during a thunderstorm! I don't know who told me, but it seems like pretty good advice.

Speaking of advice . . . I need some!

Currently, I am teaching a Seminary Extension Class on the ins and outs of Women's Ministry. It occurred to me that I have a great resource at my finger tips with the readers of this blog.

Last week we were discussing practical ways that we as individual women and as a women's ministry could support all the ministries and functions of the church. As we were listing things that we could specifically do to support the pastor, staff and their families, it dawned on me to ask you the same question I was asking the class.

How can individual women and/or the women's ministry of your church show you, their minister's wife, their support?

So often I hear ministers' wives complain about the lack of support that they receive, how they are critiqued and criticized. What are some good things that your church has done to show you their love? Free babysitting? Meals? Trips? What are some practical things that you wish that they would do? Or at least offer?

It also occurred to me that even though God has gifted every minister's wife in different ways, that many of you may have experience with and thereby, valuable insight into women's ministry. I would love to pass on your words of warning or encouragement to the ladies in my class. Whatever input you would give would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

2 comments:

Kathy Britton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy Britton said...

Simply by accepting me as ME and by loving me.....No more and no less!