Monday, April 25, 2011

"You Just Gotta Love It!"

If you are a minister's wife you know that there are times when you just go nonstop. Personally, there are days when I think I barely breathe between each "must do" thing. By the time I realize I have not stopped to rest, I am worn to a frazzle and fighting tears. That is when God usually gets my attention.


So today it is confession time. For the past several weeks my "go"button has been pushed and my body's "acceslerator gear" has been whining for relief. I have been subbing as much as possible and taking care of responsibilities at church and home just to name a few. Add in the mix the spring Tennessee allergies that I always get and you have a disaster in the making. I love all the activities that I do for the Lord but apparently I was not focused enough on Him. Well, He got my attention.


You see for about a week and a half I had no voice. It was just kidnapped. (My husband jokes that his prayer life is getting better). As of today I get about three sentences out and then voice disappears for a few minutes. In my complete voiceless stage I was forced to cancel several substitute teaching jobs, miss a ministers wives retreat planning meeting, and was unable to sing in our Easter musical. Girlfriends, for days I could not even manage a whisper so that kept me off the phone. All I could do basically for days was to take meds and be still. Oh yes, I also ate some chocolate.


All I can say, girlfriends, is that if we do not take time to take care of yourselves in the midst of our very hurried, crazy life, the Lord will force us to take a break and be still. As a dear friend always says when God does something "You just gotta love it!"

No comments: