Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Discipline of Witnessing


A sweet friend of mine sent me a prayer she was praying about her fear of sharing Christ. I was touched by her prayer and asked her if I could share it with you.

I pray it will encourage and push you to speak up for our Lord, as it did me.

“Dear Lord,

I pray for boldness, opportunities and words of wisdom as a witness for Christ.

Christ had a job to do while He was here on earth and He left a job for me to do. As more people accept Christ, His Kingdom expands, one soul at a time.

Jesus Christ suffered far too much for me to cowardly or selfishly walk away from witnessing. I can never say that God is asking too much of me.

My personality traits would like to be a convenient excuse for not telling others about Jesus.

I find always, Christ’s strength in my weaknesses.”


This is a simple, yet sincere prayer for discipline to witness. Ask God to allow you to boldly proclaim Him to someone today.

Romans 1:16 “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is God’s power for salvation to everyone who believes.”

No comments: