Friday, August 19, 2011

Wisdom

Obviously, from last two posts, I am seeking wisdom.

The tasks before me are great and I am humbled that God has given me these responsibilities. Not only am I a steward of my children (They are ultimately His), I am also responsible to reflect Christ in every aspect of my life. After all, He is the One who placed me in each situation and circumstance. The people in my life are not there by coincidence. It is all a part of His bigger plan. I am just honored to be included in it.

So, how do I handle these situations? Do I shelter my kids? How can I be transparent? I came to the conclusion a long time ago that it would be so much easier if God had just added a book to the Bible with my name as its title. I know, I know, then I would again take too much on myself, not trust God and my faith would not ever grow.

I HAVE to seek God. I HAVE to find my wisdom in Him. He HAS to be the source of my discernment. Only then will I find myself in His will. Only then will I make the right decisions. Only then will my family -and my church- be blessed for it.

So today, I want to leave you some verses that God has encouraged me with over the last week or so.

"No wisdom, no understanding, no counsel can avail against the Lord.
The horse is made ready for battle, but the victory belongs to the Lord."
Proverbs 21:30-31

"Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future."
Proverbs 19:20

"The heart of the righteous ponders how to answer, but the mouth of the wicked pours out evil things."
Proverbs 15:28

"The wisest of women builds her house but folly with her own hands tears it down."
Proverbs 14:1

"When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom."
Proverbs 11:2

I could go on and on. Can you tell my daily Bible reading has been in the book of Proverbs! =)

Have a blessed weekend and remember we are all sisters on similar journeys.

No comments: