Monday, October 17, 2011

A Duh Moment

"Well duh, Vickie.  Do you think God is trying to tell you something today."  Those were my words as I finished my quiet time today.  I use the Journey guide (Lifeway) and Jesus Calling by Sarah Young as tools for my quiet time. I was surprised how today's passage in both guides was from Luke 12:22-31.  Apparently, God needed to hammer the message in my brain and heart.


I do have a lot on my plate and going on in my life that I am "concerned" about these days.  Here is my list:
-my parent's health and decisions to be made
-upcoming wedding of my youngest son
-a job for my son; praise the Lord, his bride to be landed a good job
-home improvements that need to be done but lacking the funds
-friends who are without jobs
-spiritual revival for our church
-and many other decisions to be made


All of these "concerns" seem to be consuming my mind lately.  Oh yes, I pray about them and will leave them for a bit a God's feet.  However, later Satan slips in the doubt which multiples into worry.  In the end I pick up these concerns again from God and try to handle them myself.  This silly venture only leaves me eating chocolate by the handful, restless, tired, overwhelmed, and stressed.  I am totally useless to anyone and most importantly not trusting God to handle any of them. 


The Father has a plan for all my concerns (or in this case, worries).  He knows my needs and my future.  In the end I just need to rest secure in the fact that God already has everything answered in His will and that He has been working on it since the beginning of time.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Thank you Vickie for sharing this. I needed to be reminded of this especially right now. When will we learn to let go og things and let God have control and "fix" it as only He can?