Sunday, April 22, 2012

He Is Always There

During this time of year when the Easter Holiday is celebrated (of course, God’s children can celebrate Easter everyday!), certain passages from the Bible always seem to be front and center.  These biblical accounts validate that the Lord was resurrected, and that He was seen by some of the disciples before ascending into heaven.  I was reading in these passages recently, and the Lord reminded me of a very important truth.
The first passage deals with the account of the risen Lord walking on the road to Emmaus with two of His followers.  It is rather interesting that these men were engaged in a very intense discussion about the Messiah and the recent turn of events, but they did not even realize that Christ was in their midst.   The Word says they were prevented from recognizing Him, yet He was there.
The second passage tells of our Lord manifesting Himself at the Sea of Tiberias.  A few of His disciples had gone fishing the night before, and as the day dawned, the disciples looked toward the shore and saw someone standing there.  It was the Lord Jesus, yet initially they did not know that it was Him. 
I thought about these two incidents and pondered……many times I have engaged in the various activities of my day, and yet did not acknowledge that the Lord is there.  His presence is ALWAYS with me, and I sometimes don’t even think about it.   This is very sobering, very convicting.  As I grow in my relationship with Jesus, I desire to ALWAYS sense Him walking beside me throughout my day. What about you?   Are you aware of the Lord’s presence in your life each day?
Our Triune God is there, and here are some reminders for us:  
He is there watching over us.  “The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forever.”  Psalm 121: 8
He saves us forever and is praying for us.   “Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.”   Hebrews 7:25
He has gone to prepare a place for us.  “If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.”  John 14:3
One of God's names is Jehovah-Shammah, The Lord is There, and I thank the Holy Spirit, who lives inside of us,  for reminding His daughters of this very important truth!

No comments: