Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Our Wonderful Creator

I teach a Sunday School class for children ages kindergarten to second grade, and one of the lessons we had recently was the Creation Story.  I have taught this lesson many times before, heard many sermons on it before, and even read it several times before. Yet this time I must admit, I paused to think about the sheer majesty and glorious genius exhibited by God as He spoke, and all the cosmos transformed from being a void mass to becoming a vibrant world full of life and beauty.
I remember going through the lesson and drawing on our dry erase board what the Father created on each day. (Now, I must admit that I am not the best artist in the world, but the kids rather enjoyed it, and it helped to keep their attention during the lesson.)  When we got to day six, I made it a point to emphasize that not only did God create the land animals, but He also made His most special creation of all: US!  When I teach, I truly enjoy seeing the wonder and amazement in the children’s eyes as the many attributes and truths about God sink into their young minds.
When was the last time you looked at a sunset,  watched a flock of birds fly in formation, or gazed at a beautiful field of flowers and thought, “Wow, God You are an Awesome Creator!”  Also, every time we look in a mirror we are reminded that God made us in His own image, and He tells us in His Word,  that we are “fearfully and wonderfully made”.  (Psalm 139:14)  The first five days of Creation God saw what He made and said it was good;  after He made us, He said it was Very Good!
When was the last time you worshiped Him as Creator?
“On the glorious splendor of Your majesty and on Your wonderful works, I will meditate.” Psalm 145:5

No comments: