Saturday, May 26, 2012

SUBMIT


A few weeks ago I had a wonderful opportunity to share with some ladies at a retreat.  The whole experience actually had a two-fold purpose for me that was a precious gift from God.  First, I went to the retreat desiring to be used by the Lord to minister to others, and secondly He showed me how desperately I needed this retreat for myself. Being in God’s Word, the fellowship, the food, and of course, the fun, were all fantastic!   The Lord reminded me of how very important it is to get away from our normal routines, just to experience Him and the company of His people in an awesome way.
The theme of the retreat was “submission”.   Now, isn’t that something that we all struggle with at times?  The Lord led me to remind the ladies that we submit to a wonderful Triune God…..Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.   In one of the retreat sessions, the Lord had me to prepare an acronym for the word “submit”, so that it would remind all of us of the glorious God that we submit to and serve.   My dear sisters, I want to share the acronym with you too.
S……..The Lord is Sovereign; He is completely in control of ALL things!  “The Lord has established His throne in the heavens, and His sovereignty rules over all.”   Psalm 103:19
U…….The Lord is Unique; there is no one like our God, and He is the ONLY One!  He says of Himself, “I am the Lord, and there is no other; besides Me there is no God.”  Isaiah 45:5
B………The Lord is the absolute, very Best divine One in all the universe!  “Be exalted, O God, above the heavens, and Your glory above all the earth.”  Psalm 108:5
M…….The Lord is our Maker; we are fearfully and wonderfully made in His image.  “…..all things have been created through Him and for Him.”  Colossians 1:16
I……..The Lord is Immanuel, which means our God is with us!   Jesus Christ our Savior made us a wonderful promise before His ascension. “I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”  Matthew 28:20
T…….The Lord is Trustworthy!  We can trust Him to be faithful in all that He says He will do because “Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.”  1 Thessalonians 5:24
Submission isn’t so intimidating when we realize that we submit to a Holy God who loves us and desires His perfect will for our lives.   When we think about the depth of Christ’s love and sacrifice on the Cross, why wouldn’t we want to submit?

No comments: