Friday, May 11, 2012

Want Some "More"?

I don't know about you, but I think I have just about enough on my plate right now. The idea of "more" would be like continuing to eat long past the point of feeling full. "More" would mean that there would have to be "less" of something else. There just isn't any more room.

There are lots of things that I would like "more" of: time, money, sleep, chocolate (Right Vickie?!). In my limited understanding and poor perspective, it seems my life would be so much "more" if I had "more" of certain things.

"More" seems like it would be the complete opposite of contentment. I mean it is, isn't it? And, as a "good" Christian and minister's wife, aren't we supposed to be content? Isn't there a Bible verse that commands us to be content in ALL circumstances?

At the beginning of this week, I found myself feeling drained. Then by Wednesday night after church, I felt completely dry and drained. (Funny how Wednesday night church can do that to a gal?!) Then, last night, Rachel Lovinggood spoke to the women's ministry at our church. She spoke about "more."

She read Ephesians 4:14-21, a prayer for spiritual strength.

The Holy Spirit reminded me that all the "more" I need is available to me any and all the time. Then He spoke through Rachel that He wanted to give me even "more," "immeasurably more,""more than I can ask or imagine."

Gals, if I turn myself loose, I have a pretty active imagination. When did I stop imagining what God could do? When did I stop asking and looking for Him to do it?

You know when? When I stuffed myself with everything else.

I am setting my mind to memorizing this passage. I know that I won't need "more" when I start asking God to do "more."

Thanks for reading this and giving me a place to process my "more!"


No comments: