Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Trust and Exalt

Our church is going through a very difficult season right now.....unlike anything we have ever experienced in our ministry before.....and we have been in ministry for a long time!

Over the years as we have walked through challenging seasons the Lord has taught me so much!  I would be paralyzed by fear or worry over small things and large "issues" would really defeat me! I can tell that He has molded me and chiseled me and refined me to where I am learning that being fearful and worried and defeated is sinful and that I can't "fix" most everything and make it "OK" but He has taught me to do two things when fear and worry begin to take over....

TRUST and EXALT 

I can remember the time He so gently took my face and heart into His and said....."Dana, you can't fix this.  I am not asking you to. I am asking you to do only two things.....trust Me and exalt Me!  That's it! I will take care of the people, situation, etc. your job is to trust and exalt."

So, I pray you are not going through a difficult or hard or hurtful time right now in any part of your life or ministry....but if you are....let me encourage you to stop whatever response you might have that is ungodly and trust Him and exalt Him.

May He be glorified in all things.


No comments: